being free

I like being free. I like the way it feels.

24 August 2010

gotcha

"YES! HA HA HA HA HA! WE CAUGHT THE GROUNDHOG!"

That is what I declared to my kids Friday night when to my delight we caught the groundhog. I can't tell you how happy I was. I have been trying to catch that bugger for the past month (I've been like Bill Murry in Caddyshack). He was an illusive, sneaky and fat rodent. When I would spie him in the garden nibbling on veggies he would stealthy slip into the bushes or hide under the shed. I finally found one of his hiding spots and placed the trap (full of carrots) right in front of his entrance. Two days went by and nothing. Then on the evening of the third day, walla, he took the bate. My garden gopher is finally gone!
.
"YES! HA HA HA HA HA! WE CAUGHT THE GROUNDHOG!"

4 Comments:

At 7:46 AM, Blogger Eric said...

We had a similar experience this summer, staying at the farm in Ohio. First there was a pesky raccoon who was eating all of Grandpa's chickens. Then there was a groundhog in the vegetable garden. Fortunately, we were also able to capture both and eliminate the threat.

 
At 7:00 PM, Blogger Will said...

too funny! so what do you do with a captured groundhog? are now the proud owner of a groundhog-skin hat?

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Crittergetter said...

What did you do with the little guy (or gal)? I hope you deposited it with a particularly unpleasant neighbor!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Have you ever had groundhog stew??? Neither have I... I drove him far off and let him run free. I hope he doesn't have a homing device and make his way back... if he does, I will let him eat some veggies for the effort. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home