being free

I like being free. I like the way it feels.

08 June 2010

blog lag

Ok, so I have been slacking on my blog.... The reason is that all my "free time" has been spent at a new house Lindy and I just bought. Yep, we bought a house. After being in America for a year we are finally settling into a home.

The home we bought is an interesting one. It was first built in 1875 and I think it still has some cobwebs dating to that time period. Seriously though, it is a big project for us. We are currently tearing out the kitchen, the wallpaper (reminds me of Amsterdam), and part of the ceiling. It is a lot of work, but I think it will pay off in the end.

The house sits on a really neat acer of land. It has seven apple trees, six peach trees, two cherry trees, three rows of raspberries, three rows of grapes, one row of blackberries, and the oldest holly tree in the county. We have two large areas for vegetable gardening, a wood shed, a workshop, and a spring feed creek. The land is frequented by turkeys, foxes, turtles, snakes, lizards, and bears. Yes even bears! It is quite a place. There is a lot of potential for this home, not only with raising children, but also for homesteading and ministry. We are looking forward to the days ahead. But for now, it is doing the hard work to get it livable. Hopefully once things settle down I'll be able to get back to blogging!

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, Blogger MacRae said...

Wow! This sounds ideal. We are jealous! Sounds like a nice time of year to move in to a place like this with all the fruit and veg! You must post some pictures.
Hope things are well and that the work in the home goes smooth and fast!
Groetjes from Amsterdam, Neil and Kate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home