being free

I like being free. I like the way it feels.

24 August 2009

the fort

Been in Fort Collins, Colorado.

Fort Collins and Colorado in general have a special place in my heart. I lived here for eight years before moving to Amsterdam. I have many great memories of trekking through the mountains, fishing the rivers, and camping in the wilderness. Yet Colorado is more than mountains to me. I came here for the mountains, but left with a relationship with God.

Fort Collins is where I found God or where God found me. It is where I began my journey of faith, my discovery of the Bible, and my experience of following Jesus together with others. In Fort Collins I not only experienced God's love in Jesus, I experienced the beauty of a community who followed Jesus together. The journey was not always clean, but it was real. And years later, those who I started the faith journey with, and those I saw enter the faith journey, are still some of the closest people to my heart. Seeing them this week has reminded me of the great love I have for them. I miss sharing life with them and sharing in Christ with them. I know we will have all of eternity to enjoy one another and explore Gods works, still I miss doing so now.

These past few months have been a lot of hellos and goodbyes. It is strange having people you love scattered all over the States and the world. It is heart aching to be close to those you care about and then leave again. I can relate to what Paul said when he said:

“I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart. God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.” Philippians 1:3-8

There are many wonderful people in Fort Collins. I am grateful for all God did in my life here and for all the friendships we have as a result of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home