being free

I like being free. I like the way it feels.

20 June 2009

catching up

Been lagging on my blog posts...

Here is a brief update.

A week ago Lindy and I visited Asheville, NC. It is a possibility we may move there in the fall. We are exploring partnering with a local church with the goal to do outreach and church planting amongst Asheville's new age/environmentalist population. Asheville is a small mecca for new agers and neo-hippies. It is kind of like the Bolder, CO of the East.



After that my Dad, brother, and I went fishing in Canada. We caught some nice fish. As well as got some black fly bites... The pic is my dad holding up a pike my bro caught.

At the farm we had our first harvest week. We harvested spinach and radishes. Been cleaning lots of yummy spinach...


I also butchered my first chicken. I've been wanting to learn how to butcher a chicken for a number of years. For two reasons really. One, to know how to clean a bird. You never know when that skill may come in handy. Two, to better understand where my food comes from and how it goes from a living creature to my dinner table. I wanted to experience what it is like to take the life of the animal I have eaten all my life.



That's my quick update.

1 Comments:

At 1:24 AM, Blogger patricia said...

Thanks for the great quick update, Todd. You are so good at saying a lot in a few words (and pictures).

So you accomplished your goal of butchering your first chicken ... but how's the knitting coming? =)

patricia.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home