being free

I like being free. I like the way it feels.

21 April 2009

leaving

I can't believe we are leaving in a week and a half....

We will miss our friends and spiritual family here in Amsterdam.

Last weekend was a special weekend of saying goodbye and celebrating all God has done over the past seven years. It has been an amazing ride. God has been faithful and we are thankful.

Last month some folks from GCE asked me to write a short article for their quarterly update. Here is what I wrote:

Leaving Amsterdam

Philippians 1:3-8 “I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart;… God can testify how I long for all of you with the affection of Christ Jesus.”

We too thank God every time we remember our brothers and sisters in Amsterdam. Their lives, stories, struggles, and labors in the Lord fill our hearts and prayers. Their partnership in the gospel has been a great joy.

We have been blessed to see a church start in the heart of Amsterdam. We have shared in the lives of many from around the world. We have seen people move from death to life through the power of Christ. We have seen the gospel take root, disciples made, leaders develop, and the church mature. We are truly blessed and grateful.

God has much in store for Zolder50, Amsterdam, and the Netherlands. We believe we have only seen the beginning of the great work he is going to do here.

As we leave this special church, we are sad to say goodbye. We will miss our spiritual family. Our confidence is that Jesus who began a good work in Zolder50 will carry it on to completion. Zolder50 is Jesus’ church; it has been from the beginning. He birthed it, he led it, he carried it, he provided for it, he matured it, and he secured it and will continue to do so.

We ask you to keep Zolder50 in your prayers as God continues to unfold his redemptive plans for Europe.

With Gratitude in our Hearts,

Todd and Lindy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home