being free

I like being free. I like the way it feels.

09 March 2009

strength in God

Saturday night I was feeling a bit anxious about our coming move. My feeling were mixed with sadness about leaving and also concern for what is next. Sunday morning I woke up and began reading the Psalms. The Lord encouraged my heart through the Psalms. Here are the Scriptures I found strength in.

Psalm 25:21 "May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in you."

Psalm 27:13-14 "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD."

Psalm 28:6-8 "Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. The LORD is the strength of his people, a fortress of salvation for his anointed one."

Psalm 30:10-12 "Hear, O LORD, and be merciful to me; O LORD, be my help."You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever."

Psalm 31:14-15 "But I trust in you, O LORD; I say, "You are my God." My times are in your hands;"

Psalm 31:23-24 "Love the LORD, all his saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD."

Psalm 33:20-22 "We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you."

Psalm 73:25-26`"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home