being free

I like being free. I like the way it feels.

16 October 2009

who is this man? continued...

Here are some more insane statements by Jesus in the Gospel of John. As C.S. Lewis said, either Jesus is a liar, a lunatic, or he is who he said he was, Lord. Biased on what Jesus said about himself, it is hard to imagine him being a good moral teacher. If he was just a religious teacher then he’d be a liar and no longer good or moral. He is either crazy, a liar, or… God. Trippy stuff… Here are the Scriptures:

“I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst.” John 6:35

“I am the bread that came down from heaven.” John 6:41

“I am the bread of life.” John 6:48

“I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats this bread, he will live forever.” John 6:51

“I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

“He said to them, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.” John 8:24

“Truly, truly I say to you, before Abraham was, I am.” John 8:58

“As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.” John 9:5

“I am the door.” John 10:9

“I am the good shepherd.” John 10:11

“I and the Father are one.” John 10:30

“I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die.” John 11:25

“I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6

“And this is eternal life, that they know you the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.” John 17:3

“You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world – to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” John 18:37
It is hard to deny... Jesus thought he was the man. Who makes these kinds of claims? I've met many people who don't believe Jesus is God, instead they think he was a good teacher (and he did teach good things). But how could he be a good teacher and make the above statements? Either he was who he said he was and therefore is good or he's an egotistical nut case. What other options are there?

For me, I started believing in Jesus a number of years ago. I didn't grow up knowing about him, but when I begin believing in him, I experienced the "eternal life" thing he keeps talking about in John. I experienced it in my soul and spirit. It has been like a river of life inside of me. It is hard to explain. It's like a mixture of joy, peace, love, and happiness in the depths of my being. It is like God came into me and breathed life into my soul. It is crazy, but it is amazing. Better then any drug I ever did. And it is free to anyone... all we have to do is turn to Jesus, open up our hearts and believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home