being free

I like being free. I like the way it feels.

02 February 2010

sustained

It is amazing how one simple truth can change our lives. One of the life changing truths I have encountered and continue to encounter is the reality that life is sustained by a loving God. This truth has given me great freedom. It has allowed me to “let go” and trust in the care of my Maker. It has taught me not to be god, but to let God be God. It has given me assurance that an infinite resource of love and power is with me, watching over me, and guiding me. And it has shown me that I am not my own; I am God’s – made by him, through him, and for him.

The simple truth that a loving God sustains me has changed me. I don’t have to be in control. He is in control. I don’t have to “make” a life for myself. He is the guide of my life (if I will listen). I don’t have to create an identity. He is my identity (In love I was made by and for him).

This simple truth has completely changed the way I live. In it I have found great freedom and security. Oh how our world would change if we could recognize the simple truth that a loving God sustains us.


Jeremiah 31:3 “I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have drawn you with loving kindness.”

Psalm 3:5 “I lie down and sleep; I wake again, because the LORD sustains me. I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side.”

Psalm 18:35 “You give me your shield of victory, and your right hand sustains me; you stoop down to make me great. You broaden the path beneath me, so that my ankles do not turn.”

Psalm 51:2 “Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit , to sustain me.”

Psalm 55:22 “Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.”

Psalm 54:4 “Surely God is my help; the LORD is the one who sustains me.”

Psalm 104:14-15 “He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for man to cultivate – bringing forth food from the earth: wine that gladdens the heart of man, oil to make his face shine, and bread that sustains his heart.”

Psalm 119:116 “Sustain me according to your promise, and I will live: do not let my hope be dashed.”

Psalm 146:9 “The LORD watches over the alien and sustains the fatherless and the widow,”

Psalm 147:6 “The LORD sustains the humble,….”

Isaiah 50:4 “The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue, to know the word that sustains the weary.”

Isaiah 46:4 “Even to your old ages and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.”

Colossians 1:15-17 “He is the image of the invisible God… For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth,… all things were created through him and for him… and in him all things hold together.”

Hebrews 1:3 “The Son is the radiance of God’s glory, and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by is powerful word.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home